Random Raya updates

Life has been hectic for me in the past few weeks, starting from one week before Eid right up to now, thus explains for the lack of posting from me. Been meaning and wanting to write about a lot of things and  I have loads of photos (but most of them are not relevant anymore now, the previous post was in the draft for weeks...). Anyway, I think it's not too late for me to post something about  our raya celebration which is still going on until the end of this month... and there will be more open house invitations this coming weekend....



The first activity after 'solat sunat eid-ul-ftr would be the big breakfast with lontong and ketupat. This year my mother in law prepared special dish of laksa Johor (it was the first time I tasted her laksa Johor after all this year but it worth the wait ). Then, it was the photography session for every member of the family. It is done biennially since we alternate our 'first day celebration' between Johor (hubby's hometown) and Kedah (my hometown). So this year we went back to Johor first and the photo session was with the family from my hubby's side. Unfortunately, one of his sisters could not make it for this year...


After having the "big" photo with everybody in the family, there were individual family photos...each family normally wore their own distinct colour tones so that it would be easier for the grandparents or great grand aunties/uncles to recognise which parents for the children (they would normally identify them by the colour code of the family).



This year, we were wearing brown...almost the same tone with my in laws...

 

Right after photo sessions, it was the most exciting time for the kids as they got to line up to meet with the uncles and aunties for 'duit raya' distribution.  Then, we were off to visit all the old relatives around the area, there were 7 cars convoying to the designated houses...


There would be the eating and drinking and eating and drinking and endless chatting... the only one drawback was there were a lot of carbonated drinks served by these kampung folks as the children simply loved drinking them and the adults were not exempted.... I believe I had gained 2 kg this raya (I'll have to follow my exercise routine after this, hopefully... )

On the next day, right after breakfast we went back to Kedah to celebrate with my family...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

going highlands

How to say no to your boss?