An enriching experience...


It had been ages since I last followed my hubby to stay at a hotel cause this year things have been different and the timing also seems to be out of synchronization with my school activities...Thus, I complained to him one day and not long after that I received a letter to attend a five-day meeting in PD. (Actually, the letter was not directed to me but I had to be there on behalf on my colleague who was also nominated to attend the other event at the same period of time)...Then, I thought that it was my chance to be away from school for a while and spend my time leisurely by the beach....





The beach and the hotel was not bad while the meeting was suck and the food was even worse...(well, I'm not complaining since we got to eat six times a day). Luckily the meeting ended earlier so i got to get back on Thursday instead of Friday. Came Friday morning, off I went to school as usual following my routine and everything went on smoothly until I was driving back home... there were endless calls from my colleagues
 (three of them). 

I wondered what seemed to be so urgent that they could not wait to see me on Monday. When I answered one off the calls (there were a few missed calls), it broke my heart to learn that they needed me to go for another five- day course beginning on Monday. One of our colleagues had agreed to go but they needed one more person to fulfill the requirement of the course. Since all three of the remaining members of our panel were having some really BIG PROBLEMS leaving their family for one whole week, I was the only option left. Even though I was just coming back and my daughter was sitting for the PMR examination, it was nothing as compared to THEIR problems....

After some serious thoughts and a series of phone calls over the weekend, finally I had come to a decision and it was almost a tearful one, I must admit, that I was going for the course. On Monday, I reluctantly went to school to wait for the driver to take us to the hotel in  afternoon as promised. Then, it was another disturbing news when the driver called my partner saying that the school van had broken down and he asked us to drive there ourselves...It gives a chill just just to think of driving in the heart of KL, what more for my partner who had just had her driving licence early this year...

The last possible option was to call my hubby at work to fetch and take us to the hotel... luckily he had agreed to it without much hassle and I'm really grateful for that...Another unlucky encounter was when we arrived at the hotel. We had to wait at the lobby for about half an hour because the registration counter by the organizers was not ready (grrr...). After a few phone calls  and negotiation by the reception, finally we were allowed to check in...

At our room, my partner found out that the hotel was just a stone throw away from SOGO shopping complex. Although it had been a long day, I had agreed to accompany her there since I had nothing better to do....Anyway, the course started at 8.30 pm and it was a good introductory slot to warm us up...

To sum up my week there, I must say that course had been very enriching and helpful to all of the participants... We enjoyed the trainers Irene, Mdm. Ho and Audrey Lim (who is also a writer) very much who had shared new techniques and approaches (even though not all are totally new) towards our teaching...My partner and I admitted that we were lucky to have come to the course, it was such a blessing in disguise and I had no regrets of going ...all the troubles we went through before coming to the course was all worth it.....The hotel might not be a bed of roses, nonetheless, the course was superb and the food was heavenly that I seriously believe that I have gained 2 kg after one week....


My group with Audrey Lim



With Madam Ho



Audrey and Khairudin, the organizer


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

going highlands

How to say no to your boss?