Ramadan obsessions




So, this is my new obsession for this fasting month. Tepung pelita has always been my all time personal favourite during the month of Ramadan and this year is no exception. Honestly speaking, I've never bothered to think about this kuih in any other months but during Ramadan, it will be the first thing that cross my mind and luckily my hubby as if he could read my mind bought this kuih for four straight days. (with the exception of the first day since he couldn't find a parking space due to overcrowded and overexcited buyers at the Bazaar).  




This is another obsession during Ramadan, Nani loves these spring rolls so much so we decided to make our own yesterday, it tastes a lot better than the ones we bought at the bazaar, plus we can choose our own filling and sauce. The ingredients and the preparations are so easy and it doesn't require much time to prepare...so from now on, we'll do it ourselves.....



This whole grilled chicken is the first trial after my hubby bought half of the chicken the day before for RM11. We bought this whole chicken for the same price and tried it for the first time, it was not bad at all. This one with traditional flavour, next time we'll try it with black paper....like the one at Kenny Rogers, hehe...



Bubur Chacha or any other sweet porridge like this is like a nostalgia during the Month of Ramadan. I remember eating a lot of sweet kuihs during this month ever since I was a child, until now I can't help it and just can't ignore these sweet dishes. Since early this year, I really watch out for food cooked with coconut milk but now it seems almost everyday I eat something cooked with it.....hopefully, it will compensate with the previous months' healthy eating habit and fasting during the days..... hopefully, coz  today I think I'll have buah melaka...yet another sweet dish with coconut...huhu....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

going highlands

Playing Tourist