Walk the talk

Saying goodbye has become a commonplace to me lately especially in the past few months. Since  in the middle of June this year, there are more than five of my friends/colleagues were saying goodbyes to us. Most of them had been transferred to a new school, two on early retirement and one of them is going to further her study (fully-paid leave).

Some of them were really sad to leave the school while some seemed to be very happy to get away from the school...Anyway, for whatever reasons they are leaving I'm just wishing them all the  best .....

Nonetheless, there's one tiny teeny thing that I found distracting and still can't put my mind off it. In her farewell speech, one of my colleagues did really say all nice things about us and her advice was really good and inspiring for us who are still staying and continuing our duties to educate the students. But when she was talking about herself and what she'd done (all good things, of course)...and how she felt about it....I think it's really unnecessary.....

Even though I don't know her personally, there was a time when we happened to work together I found that she was not exactly as how she described herself cause she didn't perform her duty like she claimed. (I'm not judging anyone here, but I suppose it's better to be judged by others rather than by ourselves...)

I would respect her if she had done all her duty with integrity, not by pushing people around. I'm sure everybody would respect anybody who performs his/her duty with all his/her heart.......and if she really walks the talk, noboby will question her words......as we know talk is 'cheap' but when it comes to implementing what has been said is quite a tough job for some people....thus, they just talk and talk and talk..... and at the end of the day, other people are left to carry out their duties....hmmmm, how convenient! Guess who will get the credits?

I'm always marvelled by the fact that some people can really say all nice things about themselves and show off their achievements when the reality is just the opposite.... hm..hm...

If we can really walk the talk, I'm sure everybody will repect us if not they will just respond with the ever famous Malay expression "cakap tak serupa bikin'


  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

going highlands

Playing Tourist