Of Ideas and Rabbits....

When I was working on a project sometime ago, I remember asking my partner who was supposed to help me with the project, to contribute some ideas as how to start the ball rolling....it was early in the morning and she said, 'Sorry, I don't have any idea early in the morning.'

Okaay, so I guessed she might have at least some ideas in the afternoon. Then, after a few days I asked her the same question again, only this time it was in the afternoon and her answer was like 'I don't seem to have any idea in the afternoon, it's too hot for me to think.' Ouch! that's hurt and I was too stunned to utter any comments........but deep inside I was screaming, if you don't have any ideas to share, just say so and don't put the blame on the time......  

But then again, I was thinking perhaps she really needed certain time of the day for her to get the inspiration and to come up with some great message-from-the-above ideas; like in the middle of the night maybe?

 Well, I didn't get the chance to find that out as I gave up asking her again after the second time and been cracking my head to work the project alone.......Anyway, it was something in the past and no need for me to dwell into it too much.... 


Perhaps, you might be wondering what rabbit has to do with ideas... well, in conjunction with Chinese new year celebration and as to mark the year of rabbit, I would like to share a quotation which I found in a local newspaper by the famous writer John Steinbeck -
"Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon, you have a dozen."

 The anecdote above is another way of me saying that sometimes, people are just making up excuses if they don't have any ideas and they don't even try to work it out. It is more convenient for them to put the blame on something or someone rather than to admit their own flaws....

Happy Chinese New Year...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

going highlands

Playing Tourist