expect the unexpected

In this life, we have to expect the things that is least expected.......Last night, out of the blue my sister called me saying that my youngest sister was admitted to a newly operated private hospital....she was sent there by her friends cum her housemates..... they had to send her there due to a heavy traffic jam (to get to the public hospital) and her condition which was so bad at the time...

so, my sister (and my family) who is staying in the northern part of the country asked me to see her at the hospital and take her out of there.....the point is that, even though my family knew that my sister is suffering severe migraine since a few years ago...we never expected that she would be that bad and never in our lives suspected that she one day would be admitted for that...she does not have a medical insurance and the one that I have doesn't cover for a sister....

My family was worried if she to be admitted to the private hospital, the cost would be thousands of ringgit. The doctor (very young one) there insisted that she needed to be admitted to ensure that she was free from any viral infection .....

My hubby and I decided to take her to the nearest public hospital as my mother wanted me to take her there...At the emergency room in the hospital, we were forced to wait for almost an hour before we finally got to see the doctor (an old boring one) who was very sarcastic about my sister's condition...finally my sister was sent home by him with a painkiller ( what an irony.....)

Upon reaching home she went straight to bed and slept until almost midday....she woke up fine, had her breakfast and studied for her exam...Thank God, she is ok...it was a migraine after all..
The lesson that I learn here, we must be prepared for the things that we are least expected to happen (like getting a medical insurance).....and don't take things for granted (it could happen to anybody)...glad that finally everything ends well......

Comments

  1. Someone really close to me got admitted to the hospital for cancer last month and its not only emotional but also worrying - about her health, the family and of course finances.

    Insurance is so so so important and really, the unexpected usually happens when you least expect it out of the blue, hitting you and leaving you feeling dumb and lost.

    Hope your sister doesn't have any more migraines. Faster buy her insurance or even do a proper check at the hospital if possible just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your concern and kind advice....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Playing Tourist