The last day

Today is the last day of school for the first half of the first term for this year (happy, holiday mood!!!), it's also the last and final day for one of my colleagues. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, in fact I didn't know how to act when someone is retiring. It's my first experience and I was sort of going with the flow even though I was one of the members who organized the farewell party (well, it's not a party really!) for him.....


Personally, I'm not very closed with him, that's why I didn't know how to act (or what to feel) but he managed to share some words of wisdom with me when we happened to sit next to each for a brief moment. He said that we need to show our affection towards the students in order to get their attention and make them wanting to learn from us....(thank you, Cikgu Jamali...I will always remember that)


In his final speech, he advised the students to respect the teachers and to take a really good care of themselves so that they will not be easily influenced by others. I learnt that Cikgu Jamali was one of the pioneers of this school 12 years back and he was also one of the key players behind the development of the school. His contributions to the school are treasured and remembered by all, I'm sure of that. I saw some of my friends brushed away the tears when the song "Pelangi petang" by the late Sudirman was played in the background.....


His final thumb print.....



Cracking jokes with the principals.......



The driver is taking him home....farewell, Cikgu Jamali...
You will always be closed to our hearts and have a great retirement...... 

  

Comments

  1. We will come to that moment too, then we have to get used to fold and unfold memories..., all, sweet, sour and bitter.
    School is the only place, that treat retirement to the limit. I guess children will learn about being appreciative as tears flow down young cheeks. Good luck to that cikgu jamali.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

going highlands