What's your secret??

I've been wanting to write this post for quite sometime but I didn't how to start without making me sounds like a proud peacock or something.... 

Anyway, often times I was asked by my colleagues or acquaintances if I have any secret of keeping my skin healthy and youthful. If the question was straight forward like this, my answer was also simple and straight forward....'there's no secret, just keep smiling.' Nonetheless, when the question was a bit complicated like what skincare product I'm using, then I need to clarify and explain that my skincare product is not of those expensive brands but the ordinary drug store brands which can easily be found at any pharmacy.




Well, the truth is I had tried at least three rather expensive brands; Clinique, Estee Lauder and SK-ll hoping that they would improve my skin condition but after only a few months of using them, there were blemishes all over my face. Yup, all three of them had an adverse effect on my skin and  I even tried Clinique anti-acne range to solve the problem. After trying for quite sometime, I gave up and thought maybe my  skin is not meant for the expensive brands...so I settled with Eucerin after reading a nice review about it and been using it for five years now without having any problems except for occasional breakouts.

The only thing is, I told my friends if we want to have a great skin without visible pores and/or wrinkles, we need to be very persistent and never skip the three-step routine which is cleansing, toning and moisturising no matter what brand we are using (which I've been so religiously doing for the past ten years or so).  But then, they would say that they don't have any time and/or money to spare for it as they have other commitments. Well, if you are not willing to sacrifice your time and money for it, then I think you should not be complaining about your skin condition. Just be happy and grateful about it... As for me, it just doesn't stop with your face, other part of your body is also important. That's why I'm never tired of applying lotion to my whole body, especially after long hours in the air-cond. I'm a lotion freak... 


Anyway, it never ceases to amaze me to see jaws dropping when I said that I have six children with the eldest being 23, my valentine boy who celebrated his birthday last February. This is the picture of him with my two daughters which  was taken last year. He was sometimes mistaken as my husband by the people who didn't know us because he is my driver whenever my hubby is not around.


Speaking of my hubby, actually he also shares the same awkward situation with me when sometimes people thought my daughter was his girlfriend when they happened to go out together.  Well, now the truth to be told...we got married early at the tender age of 20, that's why we have grown up children and still look young....There's no secret, after all...

Comments

  1. I remember sorang Tok Sedara having the smoothest skin right to her old age... kedut but alive and healthy.. I dont know her secrets, there wouldn't be many products those days except for bedak sejuk. Now is Kakdah's turn to receive comments like "ye ke dah ada 3 cucu.., nampak muda je". I don't know her secrets too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, like I said, there is no secret, really...it's just the way you carry yourself and how you feel about it..And you are right about kak Dah, she does look young (had a peek of her in one of ur posts, hehe..)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Playing Tourist